- BS – Mechanical Engineering
Martial Arts Training
- 5th Degree Black Belt – Kenpo Karate
- 4th Degree Black Belt – Kyusho Jitsu (Pressure Points)
Why did you begin teaching?
I enjoyed karate as my main hobby in college and after. I worked as a Mechanical Engineer for several years after graduation, continued my training, and joined Action Karate’s Leadership Team Program.
Once I saw the impact I was making on people’s lives, there was no comparison to corporate life, engineering, or design. Seeing the progress you help foster in someone else’s life and family is more rewarding than I can describe in a few short sentences.
What lesson(s) do you most want to impart to your students?
These quotes sum things up well:
- “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared with what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson